- Improve your prospects for post-secondary success.
- Satisfy the language requirements for admission to most degree programs at the University of Toronto.
- Develop your ability to effectively communicate in an academic environment.
This rigorous certificate program brings together highly motivated students who want to improve their use of academic English. It has helped non-native English speakers from more than 55 countries strengthen their skills for real-world academic situations. You'll get personalized feedback to develop the skills you need to share academic ideas and communicate in an academic context. Enjoy access to University of Toronto libraries, computer systems, events and many services while studying at one of the world's best universities.
What You'll Learn
- Academic communication and presentation skills.
- Strategies to improve reading and listening.
- Techniques to write more clearly about complex subjects.
- Academic vocabulary and usage.
- North American academic culture and expectations.
This certificate requires the successful completion (Grade B or above) of the highest level of Academic English (Level 60). A grade of B or higher in 0150 Academic English (Level 60) satisfies the language facility requirement for admission to undergraduate and most graduate programs at the University of Toronto. Some other universities and colleges also accept this certificate as proof of language facility.